- Our research aims to identify solutions to address the needs identified by caregivers.
- We conducted in-depth interviews with family caregivers across Canada.
- Each caregiver’s situation is illustrated in an anonymous vignette that describes their needs and the current approach used.
- We would like you to use this website to help us identify existing and novel solutions to address the needs they identified.
- You can select a vignette based on three general types of needs: combined cognitive and physical needs, cognitive needs, or physical needs.
- You can also scroll through all the vignettes listed (each has a short one-line description) and pick one that interest you or you feel you could contribute to.
- When you click on a name, you will see a brief description of the person’s caregiving situation.
- You will also see a table containing the needs, current strategies, existing strategies, and a list of what could be developed. We want your help filling the latter two columns.
|Needs||Current Approaches Used by Daughter||Alternate Suggestions||What Could Be Created?|
|Father needs help getting in and out of the bathtub.||Father is showering only when she is at home in order to avoid an accident.|
|Daughter needs help reminding father to use his cane.||She uses verbal cues to remind him to use the cane.|
|She needs someone to spend some time with her father so she can have more time for her personal needs.|
- If you want to see what other people have suggested, click on the link that says “click to see answers”.
- You can provide your suggestions on existing devices, services or policies that might help by clicking the link that says, “Click here to go to discussion”. The first time you do this, you will see a page that asks you to describe your role. Select any option that describes your role and click “submit”.
- Scroll down the next page to the suggestion box, type your ideas in and click “submit” again.
- You can repeat these steps for the fourth column where novel ideas can be suggested.
- If you would like to navigate back to the homepage, you may use the back button.
- Thank you for your help identifying solutions to address the needs of caregivers in our study.